The Wesleyan Liturgical Society will meet on March 8, in conjunction with the joint meeting of the Wesleyan Theological Society and Society for Pentecostal Studies. This year’s meeting takes place at Pentecostal Theological Seminary in Cleveland, TN.
I’ve really enjoyed the first two WLS meetings, and we’ve got a great program lined up for this year, with a noted focus on the Lord’s Supper. The schedule is posted below.
You can register through WTS, though note that meals must be purchased through SPS.
Wesleyan Liturgical Society
Third Annual Meeting, March 8, 2018
Pentecostal Theological Seminary, Cleveland, TN
- 1:15 Welcome, opening prayer
- 1:30 Plenary paper, Brannon Hancock, “Borders and the Body Broken: Liminal Space at the Table”
- 2:00 Plenary panel discussion on the open table
- 2:30 Break
- 3:00 parallel session 1
- Todd Stepp, “Uniting the Pair So Long Disjoined: Tearing Down the Wall Between the Form of Godliness and the Power Thereof”
- Chris Green, “The Altar and the Table: Reflections on a Pentecostal Theology of the Lord’s Supper”
- 3:40 Parallel session 2
- Larry Wood, “The New Baptismal Liturgy and a Wesleyan theology of Christian Initiation”
- Steve Bruns: “The Third Race and Closed Worship: How Destroying One Border Created Another”
- 4:20 Break
- 4:30 Business meeting
- 5:00 Evening Prayer